Today’s the big day!
The Kickstarter campaign to convert Winter’s Prey to audiobook is live!
I just did a Facebook Live to tell a little more about the project and how we can spread the word. Here’s the link in case you missed it: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1007227699/audiobook-for-winters-prey
One of the most important things is going to be getting the word out and getting it out in the right way to the right people. Here are some resources you can share it with others:
- Share the photo from this post. You can find it here: https://www.facebook.com/rmillerwriter/photos/a.815411281947995.1073741830.691081871047604/850312618457861/?type=3&theater
- Invite others to check out the Kickstarter page: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1007227699/audiobook-for-winters-prey
- Share the Kickstarter video: https://youtu.be/lBWyCwOnzyU
- Share these memes: https://www.facebook.com/pg/rmillerwriter/photos/?tab=album&album_id=815411281947995
- Share the book Trailer: https://youtu.be/kHoIw8CSAt0
- Share a selfie with the book and a link to the Kickstarter page.
- Here’s a blog that tells how the project came about.
Tips on sharing. When you share the pictures, links, or videos:
- It’s not as important to talk about the Kickstarter as to talk about the book itself. The message of the book and why or how it impacted you are the reasons we’re doing the Kickstarter. Try to share something like this example:
“I recently read a book that is being made into an audiobook. I loved Winter’s Prey because….(Your Reason Here)…the author has set up a Kickstarter campaign to cover the production costs, I’m backing it (or sharing it) to help her reach her goal. You can join us by checking it out here: (link).”
- Share a favorite quote from the book or a way the book encouraged or helped you along with one of the resources above.
- Invite others to join you in backing the project and in sharing it with others.
- Always include a link to the Kickstarter page.
- Tag specific people in your posts. If you know someone who likes to read, enjoys audiobooks, who’s read the book, or whom you have told about the book—tag them.
- When you back the book, let people know about it, tell them why, and ask them to join you.